Quality & Safety Report
At Meridian, we feel that the community should have access to information about their local hospital’s quality and safety, believing that information sharing among hospitals leads to exceptional hospital quality and safety across New Jersey. And the more information on a hospital’s performance, the more a patient can make informed health care decisions.
To read more about Meridian’s quality and safety and to visit several trusted resources for hospital quality and safety information, visit Meridian’s Quality and Safety section. Through these reports, you can see how Meridian’s hospitals perform in key clinical areas that reflect a hospital’s overall quality and safety.
While we are encouraged by our results, we believe that quality and safety of clinical care is a journey, not a destination. And so we work continuously to analyze and improve our performance. It is through the effective collaboration between our physicians and staff that we are able to continually improve the care we provide our patients.
And so, we welcome you to visit these resources regularly to see our continued improvement, and use these resources as one tool to make decisions and discuss with your physician.
Nationally Recognized Care
- Rated Among the Best Hospitals in the State for Clinical Quality
As rated by the NJ Department of Health and Senior Services Hospital Report Card
- Magnet Recognition for Nursing Excellence
Meridian Health was the first health system in the nation to receive the "gold standard" nursing designation
- John M. Eisenberg Award for Patient Safety and Quality
A national award bestowed to only a handful of hospitals by the nation’s leading health care evaluation and accreditation organizations.
- Distinguished Hospital Designation from J.D. Power and Associates
Riverview Medical Center – Inpatient Service (2006 & 2007); Emergency Department Experience (2008); Maternity & Outpatient Services (2009) Jersey Shore University Medical Center – Inpatient Service (2006)
- New Jersey Governor’s Award for Performance Excellence
Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- Heart Surgery Outcomes Among the Best in the State
Jersey Shore University Medical Center as rated by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services Cardiac Surgery Report Card
- Top 100 Most Wired and Top 25 Most Wireless Health Systems in the Nation
Nine consecutive years on annual national ranking by Hospitals & Health Network Magazine
- Named Among the "Best Places to Work in New Jersey" by NJBiz
2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Named As the Outstanding Employer of the Year by New Jersey Business & Industry Association
- Named One of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies to Work For"