Non-Surgical Treatments and Rehabilitation Services in Caring Settings
Today, more than at any other time in history, we're enjoying longer, more active lives — thanks to advances in orthopedic medicine and rehabilitation services. Orthopedics is the practice of preventing and correcting injuries and disorders of the skeletal system and associated muscles, joints, and ligaments.
Meridian's Rehabilitation Program provides for a continuum of care including inpatient, outpatient, and comprehensive rehabilitative care. Our goal is to reduce discomfort or pain caused by an injury or illness, enhance mobility, and restore function. As a patient, you will receive quality care by experienced and compassionate staff. Each facility is equipped with state-of-the art modalities and private treatment rooms.
Your treatment will consist of:
- An initial evaluation by a licensed professional.
- An individualized plan of care tailored to your needs implemented in collaboration with your physicians' orders.
- A goal-oriented program developed to help you return to daily activities, sports and/or work.
- Evidence-based practice treatments for achieving exceptional outcomes.
- Education on self-care techniques and an individualized home exercise program.
- A coordinated team approach for the most appropriate discharge planning.
Experts in Joint Replacement and Other Complex Orthopedic Surgeries
Meridian Health pioneered cartilage transplants, including chondrocyte re-implantation surgery for knee defects. We also have extensive experience in trauma surgery, helping patients with complex multiple traumas and spinal injuries.