We consider you a member of the health care team, and it is important for you to be an active participant in your care.
Every patient admitted to our hospital, or the patient's health care decision maker acting on his/her behalf, is responsible for the following:
- To provide, to the best of his/her knowledge, accurate and complete information about present complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, and other matters relating to his/her health.
- To report unexpected changes in his/her condition to the responsible practitioner.
- To report whether he/she clearly comprehends the contemplated course of treatment and what is expected of him/her.
- To report dissatisfaction with the quality of care or service to the nurse manager, physician, or patient representative.
- To be accountable for his/her actions if he/she refuses treatment or does not follow the practitioner's instructions.
- To assure that financial obligations of his/her health care are fulfilled as promptly as possible.
- To follow hospital rules and regulations affecting patient care and conduct.
- To be considerate of the rights of other patients and hospital personnel by assisting in the control of noise and the number of visitors.
- To be respectful of the property of other persons and the property of the hospital.
Every patient is responsible for following the treatment plan recommended by the physician primarily responsible for his/her care. This includes following the instructions of nurses and allied health personnel as they carry out the coordinated plan of care, implement the responsible practitioner's orders, and enforce the applicable hospital rules and regulations.