Nine Critical Questions to Ask Your Doctor
- Does my physician have special training in women's heart disease?
- What are my risk factors for heart disease, and what can I do to lower my risk?
- What are the warning signs of heart disease or heart attack?
- What should I know about the effects of menopause on my health?
- What is my blood pressure, cholesterol and body mass index?
- What is the best way for me to quit smoking?
- Are my risk factors for heart disease the same as or different from those for stroke?
- What is the latest information on low-dose aspirin for heart-attack prevention and treatment?
- If I experience any symptoms that I think could be heart related such as indigestion, fatigue, shortness of breath, or chest pain, what steps do I need to take?