Specialty Scholar Tracts - Quality Improvement
Acts as a role model for other staff by championing nursing quality improvement initiatives, leading Plan/Do/Check/Act (PDCA) quality teams and being a conduit of information on quality care processes and information.
- Identifies clinical area for improvement (eg. pressure ulcers, falls, pain management, HCAHP scores)
- Leads unit-based team to meet or exceed quality standards using PDCA tools
- Disseminates information about nursing quality through, for example, unit in-services, journal articles, and dissemination of quality reports
- Attends one nursing quality related educational program per year (beyond quality core) to enhance self-knowledge.
- Promotes collaboration with interdisciplinary team on nursing quality initiatives
- Engages other CARE program nurses (clinical scholars, resources, and fellows) as team members
- Promotes awareness of National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI) results
- Conducts literature review to assure current standards reflect the best available evidence
Institute for Health Care Improvement
National Association for Health Care Quality
Hospital Engagement Network