Ocean Medical Center Announces 3rd Annual Girls' Night OutOcean Medical Center will host its third annual Girls' Night Out on October 13, 2010 from 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Activities will take place in the medical center's main atrium and conference center, located at 425 Jack Martin Boulevard in Brick.
"Girls' Night Out has grown into a tremendous community event, attracting over 500 guests last year," says Regina Foley, vice president nursing and chief nurse executive. "We're looking forward to an even bigger event this year, which will deliver an experience to pamper the spirit and empower women to achieve optimal wellness."
Women of all ages are encouraged to attend the event, which is free. In addition to the activities taking place at the medical center, special after-hours specials will be available to attendees at several local restaurants. The night will feature:
- Educational displays and staff available for Q&A for women's heart health, oncology, fitness, surgery, and home services.
- Tours of the Women's Imaging Pavilion. Learn about digital mammography, breast MRI, ultrasound, bone density and stereotactic biopsy services.
- Bra Fittings! Are you wearing the right bra? Most women are wearing the wrong size or style for their body. The right bra can provide support, comfort, and shape. Private consultations will be available to help women find just the right fit for all sizes.
- Bone density screenings
- BMI (body mass index) screenings
- Blood Pressure screenings
- Educational lectures by health experts
- Dance demonstrations
- Mini make-overs
- Door prizes
- Vendor shopping area
Pre-registration is strongly recommended. Call 1-800-DOCTORSR to register.
Business owners requesting information about the vendor area should call 732-840-3279.
Ocean Medical Center, a member of the Meridian Health family, is a 281-bed non-profit community hospital located in Brick New Jersey, providing health care programs and services in all major medical disciplines, including maternity; oncology; orthopedics and rehabilitation; general, neurological, thoracic, and vascular surgery; cardiology; dialysis; and emergency and critical care services. The Medical Center features Magnet award winning nurses and is a proud affiliate of University of Pennsylvania Cancer Network. Ocean Medical Center also operates the state's first Satellite Emergency Department in Point Pleasant, called the Ocean Care Center. For more information, call the Meridian Health Line at 1-800-DOCTORS560-9990 or log on to our web site at www.OceanMedicalCenter.com.