Riverview Medical Center Foundation Announces Five New Foundation Board TrusteesDomenic M. DiPiero, chairman of the Riverview Medical Center Foundation, is proud to welcome five new members to the board of trustees. The newly elected Foundation Board of Trustees include: William J, Marraccini, Nancy B. Mulheren, Howard Ross, M.D., Richard Saker, and Steve Scopellite.
- William J. Marraccini is the founder and managing partner of Sweetwater Capital, a middle market telecom venture capital firm. William was also the founder, principal owner, and long-time chief executive officer of AAT Communications. Active in his community, he serves on the boards of the Count Basie Theater and the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
- Nancy B. Mulheren is president and chief executive officer of Rumson Management Company, a real estate management company that oversees the family's businesses. Nancy and her family have been very active and philanthropic in the Rumson community, as well as in Salem, Va., home to her alma mater, Roanoke College. Nancy currently serves on the boards of Roanoke College, Canterbury School, Count Basie Theater, and the VNA of Central Jersey, and has a leadership role in Stately Homes by the Sea Designer Show House presented by VNACJ.
- Howard Ross, M.D., FACS, FASCRS, is chief of colon and rectal surgery and general surgery at Riverview Medical Center. Dr. Ross has been named one of the "Top Doctors" in the New York Metro Area by Castle Connolly, a "Top Doctor" in New Jersey by Inside New Jersey Magazine, and one of the "Best Doctors in America" the last seven years running.
- Richard Saker is the president and chief executive officer of Saker Holdings Corporation and Saker ShopRites, Inc. Richard serves on the boards of the New Jersey Food Council, the Academy of Food Marketing at St Joseph's, and the Joan Dancy and People with ALS Foundation. He has had the honor of serving on the transition team of Governor Christie and has been recognized by singer Andrea Bocelli for his charitable work with the Vision of Children Foundation. In the past year alone, over 1,500 central New Jersey organizations have benefited from Saker ShopRite's charitable donations.
- Steven Scopellite is the chief information officer for Goldman Sachs. He is a trustee of Rumson Country Day School and is a member of the National Board of Directors for Computers for Youth. He also serves as a special advisor to the National Society of Black Engineers and is a member of the Advisory Board at Soltage, Inc.
"Our organization is excited that all five individuals have accepted positions on our Riverview Medical Center Foundation Board of Trustees," says Domenic M. DiPiero III, chairman. "These new trustees will join an elite board of leaders who have chosen to invest their time and skills in Riverview to help make a difference in the lives of our patients and their families."
"We are honored to have such a terrific group of new trustees join the Riverview Medical Center Foundation Board," says David L. Flood, president, Meridian Health Affiliated Foundations. "These five individuals combine to add an impressive mix of professional success, personal community service, generous philanthropy, and commitment to excellence that will enhance our ability to serve the patients and families of Riverview Medical Center, especially in our current Life. Changing. capital campaign to create a center for surgical excellence at Riverview Medical Center."
About Riverview Medical Center
Riverview Medical Center, a member of the Meridian Health Family, is a 463-bed not-for-profit community hospital located on the Navesink River in Red Bank, N.J. Riverview Medical Center provides health care programs and services in all major medical disciplines including: maternity, oncology, orthopedics and rehabilitation, neurology, thoracic and vascular surgery, cardiology, renal dialysis, diabetes management, and emergency and critical care services. Riverview's Jane H. and John Marshall Booker Cancer Center offers comprehensive cancer services close to home, while Riverview's Jane H. Booker Women and Children's Center combines expertise and convenience to address preventative health, diagnosis, treatment, and support for women of all ages. Riverview Rehabilitation Center is Monmouth County's only fully-accredited inpatient rehabilitation facility, and Riverview is a designated Primary Stroke Center and has also maintained prestigious Magnet designation for Nursing Excellence since 1998. Riverview is the only hospital in the region with the groundbreaking CyberKnife® system, offering new hope for patients with inaccessible or inoperable tumors. For more information about Riverview Medical Center and Meridian Health, please call 1-800-DOCTORS or visit www.riverviewmedicalcenter.com.