When you need to be better now.
Meridian After Hours centers are a quick and convenient health care solution providing certified medical expertise when you need it most. Our clinical staff of highly trained professionals, which includes family nurse practitioners, is affiliated with Meridian Health, Ocean Medical Center and Ocean Care Center.
Meridian After Hours is open every day, including weeknights, weekends and holidays, and our friendly clinicians are here to meet your everyday health needs.
Find out more at MeridianAfterHours.com
- What is Meridian After Hours?
Meridian After Hours' high quality immediate care services are an efficient and affordable alternative to hospital emergency departments, and at times when a visit to a primary care provider simply isn't possible.
- Who staffs After Hours?
Meridian After Hours is staffed by friendly, board certified family Nurse Practitioners that have many years of experience in ER or Immediate Care. They are on staff nights, weekends and holidays to care for you.
- What services does Meridian After Hours offer?
- We treat a variety of pediatric and adult injuries and illnesses.
- We perform on-site lab, EKG, and other diagnostic capabilities to make your visit as comfortable and efficient as possible. (X-ray at Toms River location)
- We offer referrals to primary care physicians for patients who don't have one so they can receive ongoing care.
- What insurance does After Hours accept?
Meridian After Hours accepts most insurance plans.
- What if I don't have insurance?
If you are uninsured or prefer to pay out of pocket, we welcome cash, checks and credit cards. Lab tests, additional services and visit complexity may result in additional charges.
- I have a high deductible plan; will After Hours cost more than an emergency room visit?
Deductibles and co-pays for health plans vary by provider, so it is difficult for us to know your exact costs until you are seen as a patient. Typically, costs and out of pocket expenses for a visit to After Hours should be less than a visit to an emergency department. We recommend that you contact your insurance company to understand your financial responsibilities and options for various care settings and services. Our staff will do their best to help you determine your payment due at time of service and your total cost, but, again, your insurance company can best advise you on your deductible and financial responsibilities.
- Can I do my regular follow-up with After Hours?
After Hours does not do any follow-up or primary care except in very rare situations, such as suture removals or routine follow-up for labs and other diagnostics we ordered during your visit. We refer all ongoing care to community physicians.