Heart disease, including heart attack and stroke, is the leading cause of death in New Jersey, and responsible for one in three deaths every year in the U.S.
The good news? By knowing your risks and making simple lifestyle changes, heart disease is highly preventable.
Meridian CardioVascular Network is committed to raising awareness about this deadly condition and saving lives in our communities. Many of our prevention and wellness programs are free to area residents through civic organizations, churches, events at the hospitals, active adult communities and senior centers throughout Monmouth, Middlesex and Ocean counties. Meridian Health’s outreach team provides more than 20,000 screenings for heart disease each year.
Explore our empowering programs and classes below. We also offer more than 180 cardiovascular specialists and subspecialists near you. Call 855-785-8552 to make an appointment, or search for a heart or vascular specialist here.
• AngioScreen®: a comprehensive heart and vascular screening. In 15 minutes, this simple, non-invasive screening will help identify your risk for heart disease and stroke, with instant results you can share with your doctor.
• Risk assessments: online and in-person with our skilled clinicians
Meridian offers a variety of events and classes designed to keep people informed about all matters of the heart — from prevention and wellness to heart disease management and treatment options. Explore our calendar for upcoming events in your area, including the following:
• Joyful Heart Tea: Enjoy tea and heart-healthy delights, and learn how to keep your heart healthy! Tea tasting and demonstrations provided by Teavana.
• Cooking with Heart: Hear the latest information on heart disease, its warning signs, and prevention measures you can take to stay healthy. There will be an entertaining heart-healthy cooking demonstration and food tasting, and an information session with a nutritionist.
• Heart Disease and Women: Learn what women may experience and how you can reduce your risk.
• Hypertension and You: Manage your blood pressure through lifestyle changes.
• Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT): Learn the signs, symptoms, and treatment options for deep vein thrombosis.
• The Facts on PAD: Peripheral artery disease (PAD) is a common circulatory problem. Learn the causes, symptoms, and treatment options.
• Getting a Leg Up on Varicose Veins: Learn about varicose veins, their causes, and the latest treatment options. Screenings will follow the physician-led lectures.
• Living with Congestive Heart Failure: Learn how to maximize your quality of life while living with congestive heart failure.
• And more: From smoking cessation and healthy sleeping techniques to nutrition counseling, CPR training and stress management, Meridian offers classes to address all your health and wellness needs.
Register for a class or an AngioScreen today by visiting our online calendar or calling 855-785-8552.