The Meridian Pharmacology Institute is unique in the state of New Jersey. Our goal is to decrease the incidence of medication-related problems for individuals who take multiple medications for chronic medical conditions.
Our services include:
- RxCheck, a comprehensive personal medication review by a specialty-trained and certified consultant pharmacist
- Diabetes Management Program, a diabetes education program including the utilization of new technology for better outcomes.
Our staff of consultant pharmacists provide an array of services such as managing a patient's medications, advising on the correct way to administer medications, providing guidance for caregivers, and assessing a patient's drug regimen. More specifically, our consultant pharmacists:
- Identify and reduce medication-related problems such as side effects and drug interactions
- Help identify and eliminate unnecessary medications, simplify taking medications, and reduce medication costs
- Recommend appropriate packaging and dosage forms for easier use of medications
- Serve as your advocate with your physicians to ensure the use of the most appropriate medications
- Provide you with a personal medication record and written action plan
- Help manage chronic disease states like diabetes, congestive heart failure, COPD, and high cholesterol