For Fall Semester Field Placements
Applications must be received between April 17th and August 15th. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For Spring Semester Field Placements
Applications must be received between September 1st and November 30th. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For Summer Semester Field Placements
Applications must be received between March 1st and May 15th. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Applications must include the following:
- Name of school/program and program director (with contact information)
- Anticipated start and end dates
- Supervision and clinical hours requirements
- A current resume (Attach a Word Document)
- The current student year (i.e., first year, second year).
- Availability (days, times)
Send the information to: Johnnie Bryant, LCSW via e-mail to:JBryant@meridianhealth.com
After Application Submission
- Applications are reviewed by the Behavioral Health Services Training Committee on a monthly basis. Committee meetings for 2010 are scheduled as follows: December 7, 2010
**Please note, applications must be from programs with which there is an existing affiliation agreement.
- Once applications are reviewed, students will be contacted by the committee to either schedule an interview or be informed that they are no longer under consideration.
- Once interviewed, if accepted for a field placement, the student must contact the volunteer office at the respective medical center and complete ALL volunteer office requirements which include (but are not limited to): an application, TB test, physical, background check and orientation.
Jersey Shore University Medical Center Volunteer Office: 732-776-4177
Riverview Medical Center Volunteer Office: 732-530-2253
Students forfeit their placement if volunteer office requirements are not completed in a timely manner.